Get to know Lisa Marie, your travel and food pusher
Hello Everyone! I have become your trusted guide for great food and travel experiences. I take my job very seriously because I know that we all use our hard earned money to spend on vacations and eating out. I'm going to answer some food and travel questions about myself. Each question should help you get to know me a little bit more.
1. Name: Lisa Marie
2. Name of my website: The Florida Palate www.thefloridapalate.com
3. Hometown: Elmont, NY
4. Residence in Florida: Fort Lauderdale, FL (Broward County)
5. Relationship Status: Married to an amazing man. He is my favorite travel partner and the only person I want to share my food with. We've been married for 10 years.
6. Favorite place to visit: Cancun, Mexico (picture of Mexico above)! I love Florida, but when I leave this beautiful state my roots are usually in Mexico. The people are friendly, the food is incredible, and they offer the best customer service on this side of the hemisphere. In Florida, my favorite place to visit has to be Marco Island and Orlando. In Marco Island, it has a Caribbean vibe that makes you feel like you're on a tropical island with no worries in the world. Orlando is great for food, entertainment, amusement parks, and reliving your childhood.
7. Places to visit left on your bucket list: I have too many places to visit to have a bucket or a list. I really feel like I'm just getting started. Internationally, I really want to go to Costa Rica, Italy, Spain, or Peru next. In Florida, I would like to go to St. Augustine, and Amelia Island. St. Augustine is such an old and beautiful city and I haven't been there in a very long time. Amelia Island is one of the few places in Florida that I have not visited yet.
8. Favorite international dish: Curry goat. My parents are Jamaican, so I was raised on Jamaican food. There's nothing better than tasting some curry goat that has been seasoned just right.
9. Favorite Florida dish in Florida: Too many to choose from! Florida is truly the melting pot of cuisine. So, you can taste a little bit of everything in South Florida and it really depends on my mood.
10. Best place to travel on a budget: (internationally): Definitely Mexico! You can find a flight from Florida to Mexico for less than $200 and the resorts give you so much value for your dollar.
11. Best place to travel on a budget (in Florida): Orlando. The hotels are very reasonable and there are so many food options at a low rate. The only thing in Orlando that is expensive are the theme parks and tourist attractions. Tampa also offers some hotel deals at a reasonable cost.
12. Most romantic place you've ever traveled (internationally): St. Lucia is absolutely breathtaking. The Pitons are tall and powerful, but yet it creates the most romantic backdrop for a hotel view or a sunset cruise.
13. Most romantic place you've ever traveled (in Florida): Marco Island is the most romantic location in Florida to me. Nothing beats romance than white sandy beaches. However, Key West, Panama City beach, and St. Augustine have some great romantic locations.
14. What was your first trip (internationally)? Internationally, my first trip was to Jamaica. It's my parents hometown so I was brought to Jamaica at an early age. My first trip in Florida was to Miami, FL to visit my grandmother. She was the first person in the family to move to Florida.
16. What do you love most about traveling? I love learning about others and how they live. It helps me to appreciate other cultures, understand their value system, and put my life into perspective.
I will include more information in my next questionnaire. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will include them!